Road Race Pyrgos 5km
- Distance: 5km
- Date: Sunday 27 March
- Start: Central Square of Pyrgos
- Finish: Central Square of Pyrgos
- Start time: 09:00 a.m.
- Time limit: 1 hour
Starting from the Central Square of Pyrgos, the route continues to the right on 28th of October Str. and again to the right in Ermou Str. Then to Alfeiou Str., right to Belousi Str., right to Olympion Str. and then to Ermou Str. Continue on Patron Str. and turn just before the junction with the Patras-Pyrgos National Road. Continue on Patron Str., right on Kastorhi Str. and finish in the Central Square of Pyrgos.
Eligible to participate are men and women who have reached the age of 12, who fully and unreservedly accept the terms of participation in the event and will run at their own risk, (or under the responsibility of their guardian in case he is a minor) and they must have recently undergone medical examinations, so that their ability has been confirmed to take part in long-distance races.
In addition, they must hold a valid full vaccination certificate or a valid recovery certificate.
Registration period – Receipt of participation package
The deadline for registrations is Wednesday, March 23, for both individual and group registrations. By that time, the payment of the participation fee must have been made.
The receipt of the participation package will take place at the building of the Region in Pyrgos on Friday 25 and Saturday 26 March.
The receipt of the participation package will be done strictly with the demonstration of the following:
- Email with the participation number
- Identity card or passport
- Valid certificate of full vaccination or recovery
Prizes – Awards
Prizes will be awarded to the first 3 winners of the general classification. All runners will have the opportunity to be informed of their position in the general classification regarding their gender and age category.
All those who finish will receive the commemorative medal of the race while they will have the opportunity to electronically print the commemorative diploma of participation.
- Simple package
All participants of the marathon, regardless of the package they choose will receive the following:
- BIB number with timing chip and latches
- Backpack for placing any personal belongings
- Commemorative medal
- Water supply and fruit at the finish
- Power supply along the route
- Ability to print a commemorative diploma with its name and performance
- Health coverage
- Complete package
The complete package also includes the commemorative technical t-shirt of the race.
The cost of participation is as follows:
- Simple package: 10 €
- Full package: 16 €
Special price for early registration until March 6:
- Simple package: 6 €
- Full package: 12 €
Terms of participation
– All participants responsibly state that they have recently undergone a medical examination and are perfectly healthy to participate in this sporting activity.
– They have a valid full vaccination certificate or a recovery certificate and agree to present it to the organizers whenever requested.
– They fully accept responsibility for any injury or accident that may be caused when commuting to and from the venue of the race, or during the event as well as for anything that may occur during the race such as falling down (which can be caused during contact with other participants), bad weather conditions, traffic but also poor condition of the road.
– The organizers, sponsors and anyone directly or indirectly involved in the conduction of the race shall be under no liability to the participant or any other person and bear no legal responsibility for anything that may arise during their participation.
– Participants give their approval to the organizers to use their photos or videos from the race, or any other recording without any financial requirement.
– The registration will be considered complete once both the electronic registration and the payment of the respective costs have been made. Banking or other expenses are borne by the participant.
– Payment of the participation fee must be made within 5 working days from the date of registration otherwise the registration will be considered invalid.
– Registrations are personal and are not transferred to third parties at any stage of the registration period.
– In case the participant, having already completed its registration, does not hold everything required in the paragraph “Eligibility”, the participation package will not be delivered except the participation number with the timing chip and the participation cost will not be refunded.
– Cancellations and refund of participation fees can be made until Friday, March 11, 2022. No cancellation or refund will be made after this date.
– In case one runner uses someone else’s BIB number, he/she will be canceled and will not be included in the results.
– In case of postponement of the event, the participations will be transferred to a new date set by the organizing committee.
– The organizers have the right to change the terms of participation after making the relevant announcement.